Join the Alliance
Organisations around the world are starting to feel the disastrous impact of climate change. The measures we take today will determine what our future looks like.
Act now: join the Alliance!
How to join
- The Belgian Alliance for Climate Action welcomes all members of The Shift who want to step up their climate game. You become a member of the Alliance by signing our pledge.
- This is where your journey begins. From here on, you have up to 12 months to get acquainted with the Science Based Targets methodology and to officially commit to the SBTi.
- Once you’ve committed to the SBTi, you have 24 months to develop your own science-based target and submit it for validation.
- Along the way, the Alliance will be by your side to support you.
Sign the pledge
Keep in mind that only The Shift members can sign the pledge. Why that is, is explained below.
When you sign the Alliance’s pledge, you officially commit to acting on climate change through science-based targets. But this is just the start of your journey.
Once you’ve signed our pledge, we expect you to commit to the global SBT initiative within the next twelve months. Then you have two full years to work on developing your own science-based emission reduction target and getting it validated.
Become an active member
All members of the Alliance are invited to panel discussions, workshops and seminars, where you get to discover new tools and technologies. We teach you how to build a business case for science-based targets and help you develop and implement your own targets.
We also count on you to reach out to your network, including your supply chain and other business partners and encourage them to align their operations in ways that are climate proof.
Together, we create a nationwide movement.
Membership of The Shift
While joining BACA itself is free, organising workshops and events does have a price tag. That is why we ask you to join The Shift, one of the BACA’s founding partners. This will give you full access to BACA’s program and learning network.
Becoming a member of The Shift requires a financial engagement: Depending on the turnover and the type of your organization, you can join of the three membership categories:
- €500/year: small organizations (<€10m turnover)
- €1.500/year: government departments, academic institutions and medium-sized organizations (<€50m turnover)
- €6.000/year: large organizations (>€50m turnover)
If you're interested in joining The Shift, please send us a message.